We’ve made some minor amendments to our terms of business, which you need to be aware of as a Schoolbox customer. These changes are in effect from the 28th November 2019.
The amendments have been made based on customer feedback, helping us continue to ensure our terms are clear, fair, transparent and up-to-date with our business practices.
Don’t worry—nothing has changed with our services as a consequence of these term updates. Read on to see what updates we’ve made.
Updates to all legal documents:
The following changes have been made to all our legal terms including:
- General Terms
- Schoolbox Subscription Terms
- Online Teacher Training Course Subscription Terms
- Professional Services Terms
- Acceptable Use Policy
Updated all references from Alaress Pty Ltd to Schoolbox Pty Ltd
Updates to our General Terms:
- Merged existing clause 26 “IP Rights” into clause 38 “Intellectual Property” to group like clauses and simplify the document.
- Migrated definitions for Business Day and Business Hours from Professional Services terms into General Terms to ensure inheritance of these definitions across all documents that inherit from our General Terms
- Amended clause 37.2 removing the reference to “perpetual” use of the Customer’s data to the extent necessary to provide the services.
- Amended clause 23. “Early Termination – Us”:
- Added to 23 (a) that “we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice”.
- Removed clause 23 (b) to be up to date with legislation changes to the law made last year regarding Ipso Facto.
- Amended clause 24. “Early Termination – You”:
- Removed clause 24 (b) to be up to date with recent Ipso Facto laws passed last year.
- Replaced 24 (b) with new clause to provide customers the ability to terminate a Service Agreement, when specific SLA targets are not met.
- Updated Clause 29.3 (a) to reference back to Clause 24 where relevant.
Please make sure you familiarise yourself with these changes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Schoolbox team