Last week our Schoolbox team attended the ASBA Conference in Cairns. This four day expo provided an opportunity for representatives from various independent schools to hear a variety of inspirational talks including topics on technology and the future of digital learning. Looking at the program we noticed the topics cover a vast array of the tasks for which school business managers hold responsibility and which are crucial to the successful day-to-day running of the school. Schoolbox builds software to help schools improve their communication, collaboration and learning using web technology.
The theme for the conference, ‘From Potential to Performance’ struck a chord with us as we believe that by selecting Schoolbox, school business manager’s can invest in software that will help their school realise it’s potential and improve overall performance. Here’s how.
- Schoolbox brings everyone online into one secure place
- Enables schools to improve engagement with their parent community
- Improve the ‘school image’ and marketing
- Expands the ability for teachers to teach and students to learn online no matter what device they use
- Reduces the need for multiple software platforms by centralising the portal, intranet and LMS in one system
- Increases IT efficiency by building on existing databases and student management systems
- Provides tools for developing persistent curriculum resources for use year on year, regardless of turnover of teaching staff
- Provides a secure space for all staff and groups that exist in the school to share resources and communicate openly online
- Provide an opportunity for embracing flipped classrooms where students and teachers spend class time discussing and collaborating as learning can be completed effectively outside of class.
Increasingly K-12 schools are looking at the big picture and how technology is dramatically shaping the future of education. We are seeing a stronger emphasis on collaboration and communication – everything accessible anywhere, any time and on any device. That’s why if you are looking for a solution that will achieve this and haven’t yet seen Schoolbox in action, we recommend you contact us and organise a demonstration.
ASBA 2013 was a big success for our team and we had the privilege of meeting some of Australia’s leading school business managers and bursars. Oh and finally, a big Congratulations to the lucky winner of “four” bottles of the award winning ‘She Oak Hill’ wine.